St. Cronan's Boys' National School caters for boys from 1st-6th Class.
The school is under the patronage of the Catholic Archbishop of Dublin.
School Opening Hours
8.40am - 2.20pm
(Children are supervised for 15 minutes prior to the start of the school day.)
Small Break: 10.30-10.40am
Lunch Break: 12.30-1.00pm
A full list of School Holidays for the current year
can be found on the Homepage of this website
Please note that Only Staff Cars
may drive into the
School Grounds between
8.00-9.00am & 2.00-3.00pm
It is for our Children's Safety
Royal-Blue jumper with school crest
School tie (royal-blue with green, white and gold bands)
Royal-Blue/Navy tracksuit with school crest
Grey polo-shirt or St. Cronan's G.A,A. Jersey
Navy shorts with school crest (for use in warm weather)
Black shoes and dark socks are preferable
The wearing of runners or boots is not encouraged
No one retailer holds a monopoly on the supply of the uniform.
It may be purchased from:
Dunnes Stores - Shirt, trousers and polo shirt
Tansey's of Bray - Full uniform
The Schoolwear House - Full uniform
All items of clothing should be clearly labelled with your child's name.
In the interests of safety, Hi-Vis Jackets should be worn by the pupils to and from school each day.
Aims Of St. Cronan's
We aim: -
to ensure a sound Christian formation.
to help our pupils realise their potential and be confident of their own ability.
to help our pupils make decisions and develop a sense of discipline.
to encourage the uniqueness of each child and help him develop worthwhile relationships with others around him.
to celebrate the diversity of our pupils' differing cultural backgrounds.
Rules of the School
The Staff and Management of St. Cronan's B.N.S. would appreciate your co-operation
in encouraging your child to respect our School Rules,
the more important of which are as follows:
Pupils are required to be in school each morning by 8:40 a.m. at which time they will be brought to class by their teacher. While the gates may be open earlier the Board of Management and Staff do not accept responsibility for children arriving before 8:25 a.m.
Pupils must attend school regularly. A written explanation is required when they are absent. Permission for a pupil to leave the school before the time of dismissal is required, in writing, from the parents / guardians.
Pupils are not allowed to leave the school premises during the day.
While at school pupils should wear their school uniform, including a tie. They are also expected to be tidy in appearance. They may wear the school tracksuit on P.E. days.
Pupils are not allowed to bring fizzy drinks, nuts or nut products, chewing gum or crisps to school.
In the interest of Health & Safety, the boys are not permitted to wear earrings.
Pupils are expected at all times to show respect towards each other, towards the staff and parents who may be assisting with supervision. Pupil misbehaviour is unacceptable and will be regarded as serious.
Pupils are expected to treat school property with respect and may be liable for repairs.
St. Cronan's Vision Statement
1. At St. Cronan's everyone gets opportunities to succeed.
2. St. Cronan's is about learning and teaching. We wish our school to be a progressive and exciting centre of education, where learning how to learn is a participative, lifelong process, built on respecting and developing each individual's talents and potential.
3. We all want our school community, pupils, parents, staff and management to live and work together as one team. We will be trustworthy and trusting of each other, each accountable for fulfilling our responsibilities to the highest standards of educational excellence.
4. We wish our school to be characterised by happy, motivated pupils, an enthusiastic, professional staff and active and supportive management and parent bodies.
5. Our school surroundings will reflect our aspirations. They will be bright, cheerful, stimulating and welcoming, a place worthy of the education experiences that occur here.
6. Finally, we wish our school to be one that we can all be proud of and committed to, sure in the knowledge that our pupils leave St. Cronan's the finer for having been here.
St. Cronan's e-Learning Vision Statement
In St. Cronan's, everyone gets opportunities to succeed
in a creative and safe digital environment.